VaporStrike19
Manager
VIP

71 posts

IGN: VaporStrike19
by VaporStrike19 » about 1 year ago
What service was this on (Minecraft server, website, Discord, or if other note)?
Minecraft server
Exact steps taken to replicate the issue at hand?
I'm not sure, I logged in and I noticed the custom enchant labels on all of my weapons and armor were glitched out and I no longer had their effects
What world were you in when it happened (leave blank if bug is not on the Minecraft server)?
Any Worlds
Is there any additional information that you'd like to add?
It is similar to the crate key bug, it adds a bunch of symbols in the name of the item and then makes it unusable, the sword/armor still works and the vanilla enchants work, but the custom enchant plugin enchants don't.

Last edited: about 1 year ago

Welcome to Miner's Glory! If you need anything, give me a shout!

Zethrus
Admin

The Head Honcho
103 posts

IGN: ZethrusTV
by Zethrus » about 1 year ago
I have temporary disabled the plugin powering our custom enchantments as I believe that there is some incompatiblity issues that have to be solved relating to 1.13 support.
I may have to seek out another plugin to replace this one.

I will provide an update regarding this in the coming few days.

- Zethrus
CEO / Lead Developer

VaporStrike19
Manager
VIP

71 posts

After further experimentation with different things, I think this bug goes beyond just the enchants, it seems to also effect books, and other custom named items or items with custom desciptions

It seems that the bug with the keys, books, and enchants are more limited to staff, I believe it has more to do with some perms or actions that staff tends to perform. I'll need to test around and see if I can find more clues on the cause.

VaporStrike19
Manager
VIP

71 posts

It does seem that it only corrupts items in inventory as well, items stored in chests seem unaffected by the bug

Zethrus
Admin

The Head Honcho
103 posts

I am going to do some testing between switching between worlds/inventories to see if it has anything to do with that... it could be the shared inventory system causing issues in some way, though its weird that would occur after its been running fine for 3 months up until now.

- Zethrus
CEO / Lead Developer

VaporStrike19
Manager
VIP

71 posts

that's what I was thinking, it seems almost random when it happens, but I've noticed that most of my friends haven't had any of the issues I've had with stuff corrupting.

VaporStrike19
Manager
VIP

71 posts

Hmm, I've noticed that it's mostly just the lore slot that corrupts, at least with enchanted items. With the keys it's the lore slot and the title, and books it's only the books inner content.do we have any staff priveleges that affect the lore of items? or maybe it has something to do with formatting? It kinda seems to be centered around logging out but I haven't been able to figure out the exact condition on logging out that corrupts them.

Zethrus
Admin

The Head Honcho
103 posts

There is nothing that should be affecting the formatting that I am aware of but I am keeping an eye out... this is a really annoying bug.
Maybe, try to stay out of creative for a few days and see if that does anything. Just play normally, I'll also use an alt to monitor if any of my items change on just a default player rank...

- Zethrus
CEO / Lead Developer

VaporStrike19
Manager
VIP

71 posts

So I've been carrying my book around and I've noticed that the longer I've held it, the worse the corruption gets, and it seems to just be growing with ?0?0?0. I've also noticed that the tools I have that do not have any lore slots have not been effected, I've also noticed that my axe with a special character in the name had that special character replaced with the corrupt text. 

VaporStrike19
Manager
VIP

71 posts

This also seems to affect drinks made with the brewery mod